ENP: part of a big family

By: Paloma Chiodo
ENP Volunteer

My name is Paloma Chiodo, I was a volunteer in ENP in the Spring of 2014. I am from Argentina and I had already been toIsrael as a tourist. This time I wanted to do something diferent, something meaningful. I am a cinema producer and also a teacher, so I worked with the staff at ENPwe decided to design a small course on Cinema for the ENP participants in Beit Shemesh. At the begining I thought I was only going to go to the community center for a few hours, teach the class and go home again, but I ended up going there every day from the begining of the day to the end of the day. I spent time with the kids and with the people who work there every day. I thought I was going to teach them cinema clases, and in the end it was me who learned the most. Is amazing how the people from ENP take care of every detail, making you feel a part of them, a part of a big family, that only thinks about the best for the kids. I´m taking all the things I learned there, to my country, to try to give all I learned to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interning at ENP: Translating Books, Teaching Surfing, and Singing Hatikva

Interview with Roni Akale

An Interesting Session with Two SPACE Students