Goodbye for Now

By Elyse Waksman 
ENP Volunteer Summer 2014, via Onward Boston Israel
Student at Clark University

            Today is my final day interning here in Jerusalem, but definitely not the end of my work with ENP. Recently, I’ve been working with a few other interns on designing a layout for the annual report to come out in October. As soon as I get back to campus, I plan to physically create the layout on a computer program so that our original ideas can become a reality. We’re really focused on making the presentation of the report more professional and appealing so that the content will stand out more than in the past. This is especially important this year, as ENP hopes to expand to help more and more youth at younger ages. I also plan to bring ENP to Clark by starting a pen pal club on my campus, which will allow for overseas connections with Ethiopian-Israeli youth, as well as mentorship, cultural exchange, and English practice. I hope that this will continue my relations with the ENP staff as well as the kids themselves.

            I am going to miss a lot about Israel, from the palm trees and sunny weather to the shuk and the Tel Aviv art fair. But first and foremost I will miss working here in the office and at the summer camp with the girls. I know that I will be back to Israel in the future, and I plan to stay in contact and hopefully come back to ENP someday. I’ve benefited immensely from my experiences here this summer and I know I’ll carry the lessons I’ve learned with me into my future endeavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interning at ENP: Translating Books, Teaching Surfing, and Singing Hatikva

Interview with Roni Akale

An Interesting Session with Two SPACE Students