Israeli Internships

By Hannah Miller
ENP Volunteer

Jersusalem

When I learned that I would be interning at ENP this summer, I didn’t know what to expect. I figured that I would be bringing people coffee and doing unimportant tasks since most people do not want a sixteen year old in their office, and that is how I pictured interning from watching movies and TV shows. When I arrived at the office for my first day, I was happily surprised by all of the opportunities I learned I would be given here to put my skills to use to help the organization. I immediately started to work on filtering through videos and brainstorming ideas. The next day I visited a center in Jerusalem and hung out with five Ethiopian-Israeli boys who were learning English and celebrating their last day of camp. The boys loved to dance, talk, and take selfies and I was so happy to spend time with them. I learned personal stories about when their families immigrated here and about their siblings and friends. For the rest of the week I worked on fundraisers and helped develop ideas for graphics with the rest of the interns. I am so thankful for ENP giving me an incredible opportunity to use my skills and for the work they do for the Ethiopian community. I can’t wait for the next 2 and a half weeks of my internship!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interning at ENP: Translating Books, Teaching Surfing, and Singing Hatikva

Interview with Roni Akale

An Interesting Session with Two SPACE Students